(Oldest first)

23rd May 2010

A pro-active shift towards a global peace should be seen as the next vital milestone in the progress of humanity. Peace has the potential not only to restore individual human dignity, but also to play a huge part in the eradication of geographic financial inequality. At a political level it is cheaper than military or logistical intervention, at an ethical level it can be viewed as a universal human right, and in a theological sense it could be argued that Mankind must make peace with itself before it can truly make peace with God.



24th May 2010

As the world around it grows gradually darker, the light of the first evening star is not diminished but becomes more visible and shines all the brighter. Moreover, it isn’t until the world is at its darkest that it becomes clear just how many such lights there actually are.



25th May 2010

WhiteBadge representative in Africa, Rev. Timothy Khoviwah, meets Malawi’s President Dr Bingu Wa Mutharika

10th June 2010

Distinguished Sikh poet and WhiteBadge campaigner GS Amrit is honoured at the Palace of Westminster

11th June 2010

“You may be assured of the Archbishop’s prayers and best wishes.”

from the office of the Archbishop of Westminster

24th May 2010

If you keep violence and hatred in your heart towards someone because of the nature of their faith, then know this: the anger in your own heart means that they are measured closer to the grace of God than you.



24th May 2010

Muhammad, the Messenger of God said, "A person who submits to the Will of God is the one from the harm of whose tongue and hands others are safe." This peaceful behaviour can lead to peace in society and the world. Peace leads to the preservation of life. The Qur'an likens the saving of even just one life to the saving of all of humanity. If we are to make peace with God, the Giver of Peace, then we must make peace with His family i.e. fellow human beings.

message from Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra on behalf of the Musilim Council of Britain


24th May 2010

The case of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani highlights the need for Iranian penal reform, specifically as regards execution by stoning. WhiteBadge welcomes the news of Mrs Ashtiani's stay of execution, but further suggests that stoning as a punishment is unworthy of a civilised society. We join with human rights organisations worldwide in seeking to end this barbaric and sadistic punishment



21st December 2010

“Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, good will toward men.”

 Luke 2:14


30th November 2012

I was just reminded of a conversation which took place many months ago, when a friend questioned mankind's capacity to live in peace. WhiteBadge, he said, might well be a worthy ideal, but that even if 98 per cent of humanity subscribed to its message there would still be 2 per cent of the world's population that would behave just as before, and would 'spoil it for the other 98 per cent.'

I remarked that his comment had, in fact, given me greater hope for the future. It might be a difficult task to change the world but nothing like as difficult to change only 2 per cent.




24th May 2010

With a fragile ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, thoughts are turning to a longer-term solution to the ongoing crisis in the region. All proposed initiatives - the two-state solution, the one state solution, bi-nationalism or the ‘three-state’ solution (Gaza affiliated to Egypt, the West Bank to Jordan) - face political and cultural opposition in some quarters, and all have their critics in equal measure to their champions.

My message remains the same: only in love, tolerance and mercy can the solution be found.




14th December 2012

I condemn in strongest terms the shooting of innocent children at a school in America today and call upon American authorities to take serious measures to stop such things happening in future, my thoughts and prayers are with those that have lost their loved ones


 Apostle Timothy Khoviwah

WhiteBadge Africa









24th December 2012

Tonight the world can look at Bethlehem and its inter-faith celebrations to see the best of humanity and an example of precisely why, despite the scale of the challenge, hope of a more peaceful future is not an unrealistic ambition.



15th April 2013

Song for Peace

Despite living in a region deeply affected by conflict, these Jewish-Israeli and Palestinian singers and musicians joined together to perform the Hebrew-Arabic song "Hevenu Shalom Aleinu (We Brought Peace Upon Us) - Ma Ana Ajmal Min Salam (There is Nothing More Beautiful Than Peace)”.

The song was written by Shlomo Gronich for the Peace Child Israel project and performed by the following singers (in order of appearance):

Jewish-Israelis - Leah Shabat, Shlomo Gronich, Zehavah Ben, Eli Luzon.

Palestinians - Sahmir Shukri, Nivine Jaabri, Elias Julianos, Lubna Salame





See the latest blogs at WhiteBadge.blog.co.uk